Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies? Do you want to be part of the team that creates showcase user experiences that create a lasting impression on the users? Do you have the programming skills, attention to details and quality, passion for building Azure based systems and services that delights our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence?
If so, consider joining the service health and insights engineering team in the End User Engineering organization in Core Services Engineering and Operations.
To be successful in this role, you must have the technical breadth and depth for not only Office 365 Services, but Azure services and SQL/SSAS data methodologies and backend services. The role will have a focus around quickly iterating on existing data from services and providing actionable insights for service optimization and supportability management. Other focus may also include service availability, as well as creating automation to support service operations. Key skills and experience include engineering excellence, customer service, scrum/agile, enterprise problem solving, and collaborative communications.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and monitor large scale data and analytic solutions
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our data and analytic solutions by ensuring they are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
- Create enterprise grade data systems through designing well-defined interfaces across multiple components, rigorous code reviews, keeping agile release, maintainability, monitoring and alerting in mind
- Leverage data and telemetry to make decisions and driving feedback into systems design and implementation
- Create and improve automated test coverage for services, organizes by implementing integration tests, functional tests, performance tests and proactively resolve problem areas.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
- Monitor Live Site of the key business/service metrics in production to ensure a quick response in case issues occur (or preferably before the issues occur) and to ensure the service performs well on the agreed outcomes.
• Experience with SQL, data modeling, report and dashboard creation (9-12) months
Preferred, not required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent work experience)
• Experience using automated test frameworks as a part of the engineering
• Experience with building in telemetry into the products
• Experience in user friendly data visualizations using self-service capabilities
• Experience with cloud and/or hybrid infrastructures
• Working understanding operating in an Agile team
• Exposure to Big Data concepts – Cosmos, Hive, Machine Learning
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of people in a distributed development environment
• Testing mindset, before beginning code development
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.