Organization Summary: To delight customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Quality of service (QoS) is paramount as we continue to make deep investment in Microsoft Azure and its expanding customer base who rely on our services to run their diverse businesses. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider.
Position Description: The Azure Production Infrastructure Engineering organization is designing, building and operating the next generation software services to scale, secure, monitor and auto-correct the Azure?s massive networking and compute infrastructure. You will be part of an elite security organization tasked with protecting this infrastructure as it scales. Come join the team that is responsible for ensuring the reliability of the Azure cloud, in the face of exponential growth and constant change.
In this role, you will design, implement, and run services that enable reliable cloud-scale networking of millions of devices, services, VMs, and containers, with world-class quality to delight our customers. You will be joining a fast-growing team, giving you an opportunity to shape the future of the project while working closely with software engineers from across Azure. Reliability and availability are key to Azure’s growth goals and have high visibility and expanding investments, offering a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth.
• Extensive and high-quality design, implementation, and operation of core Azure services
• Research, architect, develop, and deliver solutions in an agile development environment
• Effectively collaborate across Azure/Microsoft
• 2+ year of experience developing software
• 2+ years of experience developing and maintaining with highly-scalable distributed systems
• Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence
• Demonstrable ability to own and deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
• Genuine interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
• Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
• Interest in cyber security and site reliability
You will be required to pass Microsoft background checks prior to the start of employment and periodically thereafter. Further details regarding this process will be provided in follow up correspondence. AZSRE #PIEJOBS
**Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.