Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Within Core Services Engineering the Sales, Marketing, & Supply Chain Engineering team is responsible for the systems that support Microsoft’s global Sales and Marketing users. The team is working on improving Seller productivity and Marketing automation by building a common data platform, developing large scale distributed software services, leveraging machine learning capabilities and deploying best of breed SaaS applications.
• Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
• Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through code and design reviews, and by leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions
• Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, reusable, diagnosable, and actively monitored
• Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas
• Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when his or her code is ready to be shared and delivered
• Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
• Stay educated on existing and emerging technologies, and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
• 1+ years development and design working on high availability systems
• Testing mindset, consider testability before beginning code development
• Translate problem solving techniques into efficient code
• Understanding of data structures and data storage solutions
• BA or BS degree in Computer Science or a related discipline (or equivalent work experience)
• Working understanding of operating in an Agile team
• Experience with direct, remote and virtual teams Relevant experience in design
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.