Are you interested in building a state-of-art fraud detection system that protects Microsoft’s billions of dollars eCommerce transactions each year? Are you excited about working with talented engineers and scientists on highly scalable and highly reliable online services as well as offline big data analytics?
How about fighting ever changing fraud patterns on daily basis? If so, please read on.
The Universal Store Team is building the foundations to deliver commerce experiences to power One Microsoft Ecosystem. We will enable individuals, organizations, developers, and partners to securely buy and sell, worldwide. Our mission is protecting Microsoft’s financial interests as well as reputation through safeguarding Microsoft online transactions. Many of Microsoft’s key businesses depend on our services 24x7 today - Windows Store, Microsoft Store, Xbox, Office 365, Azure, Windows Phone, Dynamics, Bing Ads and Microsoft Rewards, to name just a few.
We are the Risk Engineering team under Universal Store. Our modern anti-fraud platform leverages the newest technology from Microsoft Azure (such as Cosmos DB, Azure Data Lake, Spark). It’s a unique combination of best in class data science and cutting-edge technology running in the modern cloud.
We are looking for a strong software engineer who is self-motivated and an excellent team player. Working on the Risk Engineering Team means continuous learning. We are always in search for new ways to get and process data to identify fraud. We evaluate and experiment with new technology every day. As such, candidates being passionate about technology overall, deep understanding of fundamentals and embracing continuous learning can sometimes be more important than prior experience with prior technology.
• 2+ years in software engineering roles with experience of computer science fundamentals
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
• Coding experience in any modern programming language, C# preferred
• Experience with cloud engineering concepts, such as Service-Oriented architecture, Cloud computing, REST, WebAPI, HTTP, SSL, monitoring, disaster recovery
• Basic familiarity of machine learning/data science or readiness to learn and embrace
• Passion to learn and master building modern distributed machine learning services in the Cloud
• Great communication and collaboration skills, being a great team player
• Passion for technology
• Learner’s mindset
• Creativity and problem-solving attitude
Desired Skills and a willingness to learn:
• C# and .NET framework
• Multi-threaded and asynchronous programming
• Distributed systems
• REST, WebAPI, ASP.NET
• Event processing (Event hubs, Azure Stream Analytics)
• Big data processing (Azure Data Lake, Spark)
• Fundamentals of machine learning and data science
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.