Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building the Microsoft IoT platform which will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade. You will be working in the Azure IoT Platform team that builds and runs Azure IoT’s flagship services like IoT Hub and IoT Device Provisioning service in the cloud and on-premise. These services are responsible for high telemetry throughput, device management, and bi-directional communications between IoT devices and the cloud. Candidates will enable massive scale, stateful cloud and cloud-hybrid applications that are self-managing and can be operated with ease in public or private datacenters around the world, enable secure interconnection for millions of devices to and from the cloud, and develop distributed systems capable of scaling to millions of transactions per second at sub-second latencies.
Join us in helping drive our mission to offer the most scalable, powerful, and secure IoT platform empowering businesses ranging from startups to Fortune 100 enterprises to achieve more. You will be an important part of a team of highly motivated and talented individuals and this is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career and influence the next generation of distributed systems platform for Microsoft. Successful candidates should have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals, sharp technical design skills, and a healthy appetite for tackling hard, ambiguous problems.
• Author highly-efficient code that scales to hundreds of millions of devices at minimal operational costs
• Add rich, seamless integration of IoT Hub with bleeding-edge, 1st-party Azure Services
• Enable advanced connectivity mechanisms between the IoT Hub and its devices.
• Implementation / integration of standardized, industry-wide protocols such as MQTTS, AMQPS, HTTPS and Websockets.
• Enable cloud-premise symmetry by offering all of the cloud services on Microsoft’s on-premise offering (Azure Stack)
• Design and develop efficient, airtight security primitives connected IoT devices will leverage
• Work directly with major customers in the industry to both diagnose and provide solutions for their technical scenarios
• 2+ years of experience in software development
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or engineering or equivalent industry experience highly desired.
• Rock-solid knowledge of data-structures and algorithms.
• Experience writing and debugging asynchronous and multi-threaded code.
• Strong technical aptitude coupled with a demonstrated ability to adapt to and learn new technologies.
• Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
• Experience developing IaaS / PaaS services for a Cloud Platform
• Experience developing applications hosted on top of Azure, AWS or other similar Cloud Platforms
• Experience authoring performance / stress tests, analyzing the results and identifying potential bottlenecks
• Experience building a data access layer on top of either a SQL or NoSQL database
• Knowledge of .NET, C# and associated toolsets / frameworks
• Familiarity with Zookeeper, Service Fabric, Actor Frameworks, or a similar type of distributed framework.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.