Are you passionate about redefining how people communicate by building the next generation mail software? Interested in taking the familiar Outlook experience, used by millions, to the next level? The Outlook team is looking for an experienced engineer who can contribute to the design for a next generation, cloud-connected, communication client.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to design and develop the code that will underpin new scenarios and capabilities and deliver a new user experience, storage system, business logic, networking, and protocols in conjunction with Office partner teams. We are looking for a skilled engineer with passion for the communications space. We build the mail and calendar apps that ship with Windows and Windows Phone and are making broad investments to create all-new experiences.
We will drive all of our enhancements by understanding our customers in a way that we have never done before. By doubling-down on a cloud-connected client, we will enable new user experiences and build these in a unique new way. As such, good collaboration skills and experience designing infrastructure is strongly preferred.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
• Participate in planning to discover where investments need to be made and to understand the customer
• Brainstorm solutions
• Investigate possible design directions and new technologies
• Write a development design plan including core design, unit test, and relevant telemetry
• Implement the solution
• Validate, stabilize, and check in the feature
• Monitor telemetry to continue to validate the feature in production
• Help diagnose service health and outages
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Great communication and cross-team collaboration skills
• Strong in self-direction, problem solving, and critical thinking
• Deep passion for customers, design thinking, and technology
This position requires the following skills and experience:
• 4+ years of experience in the high-tech industry is required
• Experience writing object-oriented code. Native-code C++ experience is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience owning and developing features end-to-end is required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.