The Lens Team is looking for smart developers passionate about advancing big data technologies. We are part of the Geneva Analytics team under Windows Azure Engineering Systems. With our analytics toolset we enable operations, decision making, product enhancements and customer value creation. Our customers include Windows Azure teams, and other teams at Microsoft, who need big data solutions. The work on this team is highly visible and very rewarding. Your job will be to Make Data Easy and enhance our data toolset. You will get to build innovative UI front ends to search, explore, transform and visualize data. You will work on big data architecture and services. You will be building end 2 end experiences which help our customers be productive with their data.
The key responsibilities of this job would include:
• A passion for building great end 2 end experiences with a focus on customer needs.
• Developing data discovery, exploration, transformation and visualization experiences.
• Building services which are scalable, reliable, secure and highly performant.
• Working collaboratively with partner teams to deliver on big data scenarios.
• 5+ years of development experience.
• MS or BS in Computer Science, Computer Eng. or Electrical Eng.
• A passion for UI development and ability to think out of the box.
• Proven design, problem solving and collaborative skills.
• Familiarity with UI development and service development.
• Familiarity with big data technologies.
• Experience with shipping software at Microsoft.
**Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.