Empowered. Innovative. Inspiring. Creative. Intense. These are all words we use to describe life at SoftLayer.The Business Applications Development team is challenged with providing the tools and information to support various functions of the company. We are looking for software engineers that have experience in Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) Model View Controller (MVC) frameworks and Object Oriented Development. We interface directly with Sales, Marketing, Accounting and other organizations while collaborating with the Technology team, to engineer creative solutions that scale to the demands of our ever-growing customer base.If you are a talented developer who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk with you. As a member of the SoftLayer team, you have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to make SoftLayer a place where you want to be - a place where you are proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible.Essential Duties:
- Design, develop, and implement Object Oriented Hypertext Preprocessor PHP applications in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Take ownership and manage projects through the entire lifecycle
- Create Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) / Extensible Markup Language (XML) web services
- Integrate enterprise-grade business applications into a web-based portal
- Projects will vary in size and scope depending on which modules of the platform you are working
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.