Technical Leader 1210639
Posted: July 12, 2017
Reference ID: 1210639
What You'll Do
* Bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
* Build a P latform-as-a-S ervice infrastructure that scales to run big data analytics and orchestration software offering.
Who You'll Work With
At Cisco, we build products that enable enterprises react faster to the intelligence derived from data. To do that requires a data-centric platform that can receive events from a variety of network appliances, and other event sources, process and provides insights. Cisco's data platform operates at massive scale processing billions of network events across the enterprise and converting that into actionable insights in real time. Cisco's data platform team consists of Data Scientists, Data Modelers/Analy sts, and Platform engineers collaborating on building the next generation data platform that powers the enterprise.
Who You Are
You'll lead and collaborate as part of a disruptive software engineering team that is passionate about transforming the networking industry.
* Expertise in building high performance, highly scalable distributed systems deployed on the cloud (AWS or others)
* Must have expertise in Java, Python programming, Golang is a big plus
* Hands-on experience in container technologies, orchestration and writing containerized software (using docker, lxc, kubernetes or mesos)
* Experience initiating cross-function collaboration with Ops, Product and Design to develop high quality, focused products (and inspire your team to independently initiate this same collaboration)
* Experience building high performance distributed system solving large scale engineering challenges
* Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Storm, Kafka or similar
* Experience with Machine Learning
Minimum Q ualifications:
* 7-10 years' experience working on a senior high impact software development team
* MSEE/CS combined with 2+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 5+ yrs related experience
* Programming experience in Python and Java is a must, Golang is bonus
* Linux system development exposure, familiarity with Virtualization
* Experience in all phases of SW development cycle with some exposure to agile development methodologies
* Excellent team work and problem solving skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.