What You'll Do
Cisco DNA Center is a fast growing product within Cisco's Core software group. Cisco is funding a small, agile, product development team to innovate and build a new product offering in the SDN controller space. The team will operate in an agile development model to rapidly bring a new product offering to market, reacting very quickly to initial customer feedback and market needs. Who You'll Work With
Cisco is looking to hire a Software Engineer to contribute to the team and team culture, the product, and the process to bring it to market. He/she must have experience in building new software offerings with agility and urgency. Required Experience:
1. BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 5-8 years of hands-on UI/UX development experience
3. Hands-on experience with a broad mix of technologies including a strong subset of: • React, jQuery, node.js
• MariaDB, EnterpriseDB, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, Elastic search), IMDG
• AWS Web Services,
• API gateway,
• Linux, Unix systems
• CI/CD (Jenkins, GitHub, SonarQube, Fortify etc.).
- Experience with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience with developing REST-based services
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Dockers, Kubernettes, Swamp, Mesos/Marathon)
- Experience with designing software to have logs that enable operations (ELK, especially ElasticSearch)
5. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to assist partners with implementing defined user experience
6. Demonstrated experience in developing and executing an integrated architectural view of, and strategy for, enterprise-wide database infrastructure technology solutions.
7. Demonstrated experience with High Performing and Highly Available Distributed Database Topologies, Database Platform and Storage Technologies, Data Migration, System Management and Monitoring Tools, Cloud Services, Big Data and Datacenter Facilities.
8. Demonstrated experience working in agile teams.
9. Ability to work with highly distributed teams, including interaction with the open source communities. Roles & Responsibilities:
1. You are a highly motivated, detail-oriented, energetic individual with excellent written and oral skills who will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced UX/UI Team responsible for driving great experiences into our products.
2. Help drive our vision for a great user experience with a focus on improving key metrics that ultimately increase revenue and profit.
3. Continuously drive development efficiencies aligned with the development standards
4. Provide leadership and expertise in the design of new products, services and processes.
5. Recommend and justify changes to existing products, services and processes.
6. Lead in the development of the technical solution or offering, in translating the business needs into technical requirements. Why Cisco
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.