Technology is the office product of the future. Office Depot is rapidly transforming and working to meet the changing demands of our customers. We enable them with products & services they need to be successful in their workplace- whether the workplace is an office, home, school or car.
Our Technology department is a driver of business disruption with the use of new cutting edge platforms, latest cloud solutions, AI and machine learning capabilities. Our internal 300+ IT/Technology associates, work in an agile environment where they can build and support technology that allows our company to service our customers.
Each individual plays a significant role in the success of the company. The team is empowered to learn and grown in an environment that is safe to innovate and to fail fast; to push boundaries and challenge assumptions in support to providing our customer a world-class experience.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible to design, create and maintain applications. You will be working with Agile teams implementing new SaaS solutions, and designing and deploying Robotic Process Automation. This includes collaboration with other IT teams, developing technical documentation, designing prototypes, configuration of applications, conducting functional and non-functional testing, perform unit and integration tests.
* Be a direct technical contributor to an Agile team, responsible for the creation and delivery of the product
* Collaborate with product teams on validating and aligning specific requirements around product enhancements
* Solve process-related problems by Designing, developing and testing complex Robotics Process Automation solutions using latest BluePrism technologies
* Contribute to the implement of new SaaS solutions by configuring, and integrating software to meet specific design requirements and committed milestones
* Take ownership to learn new processes, system feature/functionality with minimal supervision
* Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent training and experience;
Graduate degree preferred
6-9 years' experience in related field
Experience with Agile development processes, methodologies (Scrum/Kanban), and tools.
Strong independent problem solving and communication skills.
Knowledge in process mapping and business process reengineering
Experienced with reporting tools such as Cognos, SQL Server Reporting Services or Crystal Reports
Knowledge in development and architecture design.
Knowledge with SaaS/IaaS/PaaS solutions.
Highly energetic with the ability to multi-task and deliver results on assigned tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
Eagerness to learn new skills & technologies as well as to apply what you already know
Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
Graduate degree preferred.
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.