McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Connected Care & Analytics enables our customer organizations to improve patient outcomes through better care coordination, collaboration and management – while making sustainable performance improvements that drive financial health. Our expertise in connected care,population health, risk management, healthcare analyticsand demand forecasting can help you deliver care in the right setting and develop and maintain a thriving business, even in our rapidly evolving industry. RelayHealth®, an independent business unit within the McKesson Connected Care & Analytics family, is a key component of this strategy and expertise; enabling the trusted exchange of clinical, financial and administrative information between patients, providers, payers, pharmacies, pharmaceutical manufacturers and government agencies. The net result helps provide: improved care, faster access, lower costs and enhanced bottom lines.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures & modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements using various programming language, technologies & development methodologies.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs & implements application software and/or operating system components, software tools, & utilities; conducts performance testing.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented & monitored to increase efficiency.
- Creates systems software engineering policies, standards & procedures.
- Completes technical documentation for multiple functions, including but not limited to testing, QA, training, and/or procedures for installation & maintenance.
- May interface with internal & external clients to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Frequently required to work in a team setting (virtual & in-person) in order to achieve work goals/objectives.
- May participate in code refactoring efforts.
- Complies with corporate open source policies.
4+ years experience in software engineering
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrate understanding of data exchange protocols, security measures and industry standards relative to health data exchange
- Experience or familiarity with healthcare revenue cycle management a plus (Homecare and Hospice preferred).
Education4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.