**Isilon - Software Engineer**
The Isilon Storage Division of EMC is in the business of transforming the way data is stored. At the forefront of the big data movement, our highly parallelized, distributed architecture has completely redefined the storage model. We enable our thousands of customers to work at a scale that wasn't previously possible by shipping a true clustered file system that can be expanded from a few dozen terabytes up to many petabytes. Our goal is to package game changing technology, un-paralleled scalability, and record breaking performance into a product that is utterly simple to manage and continuously delights our customers.
Software engineers at Isilon constantly push the boundaries of what is possible in the world of storage and distributed systems. We are a true systems company and work at every layer of the storage stack, including all aspects of operating systems and file systems, distributed algorithms, high performance protocol stacks, and next-generation virtualization technology.
* Code in a variety of languages, primarily c and python
* Design, implement, and maintain high-performance, scalable systems
* Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
* 2+ years of software development experience
* Strong C programming skills
* Expert software architecture, design, implementation, test,
debugging and problem solving skills
* Ability to work successfully as part of a team
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
* Extensive understanding of multithreaded, asynchronous, user and kernel-mode
programming concepts . More user mode focused .
* Hands-on experience developing for FreeBSD or other POSIX/UNIX
* Preferable working on shipping a storage product
* User space or kernel development experience
As a software engineer you will work on one of the following teams: File Systems,Backup and other partner teams
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Engineering - Software
205 - ISILON
US - California - Santa Clara