- Successful delivery of high quality web or mobile software (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
- Roughly 80-95% hands-on coding
- Contribute to early quality activities, including peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- Experience with any of the following Object Oriented Languages (OOD): Java/J2EE, C#, VB.NET, Python, or sometimes C++
- An understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- An understanding and preferable experience with web services (REST or SOAP)
- An understanding of unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- "Self-starter"" attitude and ability to make decisions independently
- Helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Excellent problem solving skills with a history of superb delivery against assigned tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding partnership skills
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer (ElasticSearch/CloudSearch, Machine Learning, AWS) Staff Front-end, Full Stack Software Engineer Application Operations Engineer 2 Architect Senior Full Stack Software Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.