Come join the QuickBooks Online
team as a Software Engineer 2
We are tasked with developing the next gen application form the ground up and we get our choice of UI tools to accomplish the task. If you love having big goals, real world challenges, and making customers incredibly happy whilst fostering your obsessive need for perfect code and user experience, this is the job for you.
Along with coding, you will be responsible for working with product managers, backend developers and designers on our agile team structure. We love product engineers who lead the charge, communicating with customers and delivering the most beautiful, intuitive application possible is a must. Responsibilities
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Hands-on development. Write highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability and performance
- Designing/developing web software, prototypes, or proofs of concepts
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- 6+ years experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience with Java/J2EE
- 1+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with unit testing and automation with the goal of producing high quality applications
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer TurboTax Online Platform Staff DevOps Engineer Senior Software Engineer Web Architect Senior DevOps Manager See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.