Software Engineer 2
OneDrive is currently executing on our vision to be the cloud store for anywhere access to your data. Each month hundreds of millions of people around the world use OneDrive to store and interact with their most important data. The competitors in this space are very well known and include Apple with iCloud, Google with Google Drive, Amazon with Cloud Drive, Dropbox and Box. We’re focused on delivering an awesome customer experience with best-in-breed solutions across multiple platforms including deep integration into Office, Windows and Windows Phone.
As an engineer on the OneDrive Sync team, you will work with your counterparts in Program Management and Service Management to design, implement, stabilize, and monitor new features that bring the OneDrive cloud to customers in new and powerful ways. You will work with smart passionate people and have an incredible opportunity to learn, grow and have significant impact.
The OneDrive Sync team currently has positions available to work on client software that is cross-compiled for Windows and Mac OS X. We are looking for passionate people with the desire to try big things, people who are curious and can go deep into the lowest layers of a complex system. We want people who have a clear customer point-of-view. The most important trait we look for is raw passion for technology and for the space that we are in with OneDrive. We want people who are fanatical about the cloud, who use OneDrive or even the competitors? products, and who want to change the game by working on OneDrive.
• 3+ years of shipping production software
• A Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
• Strong design, programming and debugging skills in C/C++
• Experience with Internet technologies such as XML, JSON, HTTP and REST Proven ability to understand complex systems and drive new innovative features
• Significant experience writing/debugging/deploying highly multithreaded and asynchronous systems code
• Ability to drive solutions to ambiguous, complicated problems
• Ability to work well with a team of similarly talented peers
• Experience with distributed systems
• Experience with database design, theory and implementation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.