Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Core Services Engineering designs, builds and runs Microsoft’s global end-to-end Design Engineering and Pre-production processes for high-tech devices and software services, including Xbox, Surface, Lumia Smartphones, Windows and Office and Server Infrastructure; Our global team’s responsibilities encompass the full spectrum of Solutions enabling Design, Develop, Validate and Commercialize Microsoft Devices. Our Supply Chain Engineering group drives a unified enterprise-wide Product Life-cycle Management, solution for all of the Devices Engineering teams in Microsoft. We have a challenging opportunity for you to join a vigorous, rapidly-growing, successful organization committed to diversity and continuous improvement. We do what we say when we say. We work hard and have fun!
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving large business optimization problems at scale and developing a new class of services, with a deep understanding of our customer expectations. If you are comfortable working in a start-up/v1 effort, motivated by solving hard business process problems with technology in service of our customers in a continuous learning environment with a fail-fast approach, then we'd love to hear from you!
Plan and articulate cross group technical solutions for complex programs for the function by identifying resource requirements, preparing program roadmaps, proactively managing program risks and issues, managing end user expectations and ensuring that scope is built for success in achieving world class enterprise solutions.
• Develop complete design for responsible feature areas in PLM
• Identify risks and dependencies in schedule for feature areas and provide mitigation plans
• Provide technical leadership; code review, design review, drive process improvement, help team maintain high code quality
• Work with Product Owner to understand requirements and implement accordingly
• Work effectively in an Agile environment following and practicing Scrum processes
• 8+ years of IT/ Engineering experience operating in a complex delivery environment
• Proven expertise on delivering end-to-end supply chain services
• Demonstrated ability to solve diverse operational and business problems, negotiate, and effectively articulate rationale and vision behind technical decisions that support the business.
• Experience with shipping multiple full project release as Project/Program Manager, from release inception through post go live support
• Excellent project management skills and extensive IT project management experience with complex projects, with a track record of successful launches on time and within budget
Candidates should have expertise in several of the following areas:
• Primary functional experience in PLM/PDM, Design Development and Implementation in Aras Innovator or Siemens Teamcenter or Dassault Systems Enovia solutions.
• Secondary functional experience in SAP
• C++, C#, .Net, XML, AML, MS Office, MS Development tools, VSO, VSTF, SQL Server, IIS, SSIS, SSRS, Azure, SOA, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and other related technologies
• Experience working in a cloud infrastructure is a plus; i.e. Windows Azure, Amazon Web Services
• Program Management Background - Managing mid to large scale, multi-million dollar projects, processes, service, and technology decisions.
• Agile methods including SAFE, Scrum and Lean.
• Strong understanding of software architecture, Microsoft enterprise products, and experience with IT infrastructure.
• Successful, productive cross-cultural teamwork and communications
• Highly effective interpersonal skills; exec-level written and verbal communication skills; exemplary organizational habits; leadership-level facilitation and negotiation
• Must be willing to travel internationally
• Experience in Product Lifecycle Management, Product Data Management Platform Solutions Design Engineering and Development
• Experience working with industrial grade, high velocity application services and system integrations
• Experience working with Microsoft Project, Visual Studio Team Foundation Services
• Experience working Using Agile based Scrum Methodologies
• Ability and willingness to work in a team environment and report daily, weekly, and monthly status
• High degree of professionalism, especially when faced with critical and intense situations
• BS degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Services, Engineering or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.