Software Engineer 2
Microsoft Project, with over 20 million users, is dedicated to providing every Project Manager in the world, the tools they need to effectively manage projects. For over three decades, Microsoft Project has been the industry standard in Project Planning for companies of all sizes. As a business, Microsoft Project continues to be one of the most profitable products for Microsoft.
As a Software Engineer on our Team, you will have the opportunity to work in small, self-organizing crews, made up of Software Engineers and Product Owners, with a mission to bring the best project management capabilities to our users on both the PC and the Web. Delivering strong results will require you to engage with the wider engineering community across Microsoft Office.
You will be responsible for developing the next generation of our cloud based Scheduling Service, enabling unique scenarios across multiple products in the broader Work Management space.
- Design and develop new features and capabilities in C++ for Microsoft Project.
- Enable key new scenarios like Co-Auth on both the PC and Web.
- Collaborate with engineers in Dynamics and VSTS, enabling deep integrations across the broader Work Management offerings from Microsoft.
- Learn from and contribute to the vibrant community of engineers across Microsoft Office.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in designing applications in C++
- Experience in working on a large codebase
- Understanding of Windows based Native Applications
- Ability to work collaboratively in small self-organized teams
- BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Join us as a Software Engineer for Microsoft Project and be one who empowers millions of Project Managers to reach their full potential!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.