Office 365 is driving Microsoft’s incredible success in the cloud with over 100 million subscribers now depending on its apps and services to achieve more within their lives and businesses. We are experiencing incredible growth as we transform our business to subscriptions and investing heavily to make sure that we exceed our customer’s expectations. The Modern Assistance and Experiences (MAX) team is integral to this mission and responsible for delivering the industry leading Help, Support, and Training experiences that enable our customers to be more productive with our vast and growing portfolio of apps and services.
We’re looking for a stellar Software Engineer to join our team and help build these new experiences. We are a fun, agile, team that constantly strives to put the customer first, take smart risks, and try new ideas to improve customer satisfaction and engagement. While we’ve had some remarkable progress in these metrics the last year, we’re still not satisfied and see a great deal of opportunity ahead for further improvement and innovation.
The team’s core priorities include:
• Building the next-generation of Help, Support, and Training experiences across the broad portfolio of applications and services, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.
• Transforming our experiences to be highly relevant, engaging, and personalized using the latest tools and techniques available in machine learning, AI, chatbots, and big data.
• Delivering rich, interactive, content that is tightly integrated into the product experience(s).
• Deploying world-class quality code to millions of customers daily. Office 365 is becoming the dial tone for business which gives us a huge responsibility to deliver outstanding quality.
As a member of the team, your responsibilities will include:
• Implementing production quality components and services that operate at hyperscale with hundreds of millions of regular users
• Using the Office graph and big data techniques to gain invaluable customer insights for how we can personalize and improve our experiences
• Leveraging machine learning and AI to build models that deliver incredible self-help experiences
• Enabling data-driven decisions using telemetry and usage data
• Creating unit tests, automation, and performance tests
• Authoring tools, scripts, and other infrastructure components when needed
• Bachelor’s degree required; BSCS strongly preferred
• 3-4 years’ experience in a software engineering, development or programming role
• C# or .NET programming experience required
• Azure, machine learning, AI, big data, MS Bot Framework, Cognitive Services, and cross-platform development experience (Mac, iOS, Android) desirable
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.