At our productivity core there are our Office 365 core services. Come be part of the Substrate Services team, building platform services handling millions of users and exabytes of data. This isn’t just some large-scale web service: the implementation ranks among the world’s largest and most cutting edge distributed systems, spanning across tens of data centers around the world.
We are looking for a skilled engineer to come help build the digital platform and substrate for large scale messaging/collaboration/social media. The projects will involve work from storage layers to business logic and API layers of building large scale services. The engineer will be expected to actively participate on a day-to-day basis in technical discussions covering architecture, design and implementation, and to design, code and validate significant feature areas using a variety of languages and technologies.
• At least 3 years of experience building server/service applications required
• A solid foundation in computer science is required; a bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline is strongly preferred
• A proven track record of successfully delivering complex features is required; significant experience developing and running large scale services is preferred
• Experience with mid-tier development, web services, networking and/or database development is highly preferred.
• Proficiency in object-oriented development is a plus, with Java, C++, C# or .NET programming preferred.
• Solid communication and collaboration skills must be demonstrated
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements is required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.