Are you passionate about making customers super productive and making them continue to love Office suite year after year? Are you interested in building personalized, engaging features backed by successful experiments? Would you like to work in a data-informed environment where business innovation and experimentation is at the core of our culture? Are you an awesome engineer with strong design skills, and have the desire and ability to work across different mobile, web and desktop code bases? Do you have the desire to work on a team where you will have a direct impact on our customers, partners (internal and external to Microsoft) and our overall Office business? If you have answered a resounding YES! for all the above, then the Office User Lifecycle team is for you!
The mission of the User Lifecycle team is to grow the Office business by building strong onboarding and engagement features across the Office suite and the Office ecosystem. In the past, the team has shipped some great products and features to hundreds of million desktops, delivered features into hosted Office, and built an innovative platform to deliver service-driven user experience in native apps. Our team is heavily invested in building personalization and service-driven UI platforms to deliver the next set of experiences for our customers.
• As a Software Engineer 2 on the team, you will innovate, design, implement, test, release, measure and monitor features in a results-focused environment.
• Work across Office and other Microsoft code bases and develop features on a breadth of platform and services (Windows/Windows Phone, IOS, Android, Web Services, etc.).
• Partner with multiple teams including the Core Office App teams, Office Shared Teams, and Marketing to deliver high value engagement features.
• You will also work with Data Scientists for success measurement.
• Make key technology and design decisions to deliver fast, secure and well-hypothesized experiments to increase onboarding and engagement with office apps.
• Measure success and productize the experiment as features.
• BS or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related IT field with 3+ years’ work experience as a software developer.
An ideal candidate would have:
• Experience in designing, developing, testing, shipping, monitoring, servicing high quality features across multiple platforms/services.
• Experience with C++ and Web technologies preferred.
• Great communication and collaboration skills.
• Previous experimentation and data analysis experience would be a plus.
• Passion for new technologies and the ability to quickly understand and pick up emerging technologies and applications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.