Office is the most successful software suite in the history of mankind. It may sound a bit over the top but it’s completely true. We are at the core of Microsoft’s strategy and, together with Windows, responsible for the majority of Microsoft’s revenue.
The challenge we, Office and the larger Microsoft, now face, is to continue to transform our products into month-over-month, value-producing and revenue-generating vehicles. Our users must want to continue their subscriptions because they feel they continue to get new value from our offerings.
Our mission as the Release and Delivery Experience (RDX) team, is to empower all of Office to make a monthly release cadence (and faster) a reality, and to extend our value proposition to the larger OPG (Office Product Group) organization in a hub-and-spoke model (think Skype, SharePoint, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, and more.) We impact every single Office user, no matter what app they use.
Our charter is to deliver all of Office’s products to all customers, across all platforms, Windows, Mac, iOS and Android, via one unified pipeline. We have built a flexible and robust release pipeline for all end-points to deliver an efficient, friction-free, and hands-free release experience that enables fast feedback loops, exposure control, efficient use of our Audiences, and a hypothesis-driven engineering model.
Above all, we aim to accelerate and evolve Office and OPG’s ability to deliver value to customers and increase customer satisfaction. We are looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about engineering scalable services to join us in this highly visible, impactful, and challenging mission. We operate in a Combined Engineering model and our engineers are responsible for design, coding, validation, and operation of the service.
• In this role you’ll work with peers to design and architect, implement, and roll out our Modern Release Orchestration (MRO) Experience, which we have built using the latest tech: Azu e, Angular.JS, React, HighCharts, VSO, Git.
• You will engineer the experiences that enable all of Office and the larger OPG to make release-related decisions and to understand the quality of our builds as they are exposed to our pre-release and Product audiences.
• Our code ties into multiple engineering systems through extensible Web APIs and Office telemetry through COSMOS to discover and prevent bugs from reaching our customers.
• We’re looking for a developer who is passionate about working in Web experiences and services. The ideal candidate will be a strong software engineer who has experience in shipping software in an agile delivery environment while maintaining high code quality.
• You should have experience working across the entire service engineering lifecycle from inception through successful release to customers.
• You will have the opportunity to work closely with various engineering teams across office to help shape the future of how we release Office to millions of customers on multiple platforms.
• Demonstrated technical design and coding skills in the Web Apps space
• Knowledge and experience architecting and implementing scalable, performant and secure web applications
• Proven ability to design and develop loosely-coupled, componentized, and unit-tested software
• Demonstrated software validation and automated monitoring skills Good experience in visualization technology and techniques preferred Knowledge in TFS and telemetry systems is a plus
• Demonstrated success in executing against a software development schedule
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science strongly preferred; degree in a related technical discipline and/or 5+ years? equivalent experience may substitute
Optional: Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.