Software Engineer 2
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
• Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
• Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews
• System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
• Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
• Improve test coverage for services, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas.
• Considers testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when his or her code is ready to be shared and delivered.
• Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas.
• Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
• Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
• 1+ years development and design working on high availability systems
• BA or BS degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline
• Working understanding operating in an Agile team
• Experience with direct, remote and virtual teams
• Relevant experience in design
• Testing mindset, before beginning code development
• Translate problem solving techniques into code
• Understanding of data structure and data storage solutions
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.