Software Engineer 2
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you interested in working with leading edge technologies? Are you customer obsessed? Microsoft Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (part of the Corporate Functions Engineering family) is looking for bright engineers to re-imagine the customer experience. Come join Microsoft during its most transformational time in its history.
In CELA we’re responsible for overseeing the company's Contract and Legal services – including but not limited to Insider trading compliance, litigation support, legal knowledge management and legal spend management. In this role you will collaborate with our business partners to identify opportunities to make an impact on future business direction using advanced technology. If you are a Software Engineer, excited with the prospect of solving tough problems in an empowering, energizing organization, we want you!
· Design, develop and refine elegant software solutions to complex problems
· Define project estimates and development project plans, lead vendor resources, develop prototypes, develop technical specifications, define and execute unit test plans, implement build and deploy automation.
· Stay educated on emerging technologies and leverage them to develop compelling software solutions.
· Gain a deep and broad understanding of the business process to influence current and future direction
· Identify new opportunities to help meet our customers’ needs, and evangelize innovative technical solutions for them.
· Communicate and collaborate effectively with other disciplines of the project team.
· Drive improvements in engineering
· Minimum 6 years of software development experience for enterprise applications
· Minimum 3 years of development experience in C# or Java, ASP.NET, AngularJS
· Minimum 3 years of experience in object-oriented analysis, design, and implementation
· Minimum 3 years of relational database management system experience (RDBMS) – SQL, ORACLE, or others
· Minimum 3 years of experience with Windows Azure Platform or other cloud technology
· Minimum 2 years of NoSQL, REST, or other Open Source technologies
· Minimum 1 year of experience working in the Continuous Delivery model
· DevOps background and experience
· High Proficiency designing distributed and cloud applications
· High Proficiency in database modeling and design
· Experience with client-side web application development
· Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to proactively identify and resolve issues
· Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
· Strong ability to succeed in ambiguous environment
· Self-starter with excellent problem-solving & analytical skills and the ability to execute with limited direction
· Strategic and creative thinker to solve difficult problems.
· Demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative partnerships
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.