Email and Query Intelligence team is a part of the core AI team at Microsoft and is responsible for enabling intelligence in Microsoft products like Outlook, Bing, Windows and Cortana digital assistant. Our charter is to research & develop natural language processing & machine learning infrastructure to process billions of emails and documents per day generating useful insights in order to serve billions of user queries (text or speech) per day to enable users and organizations make decisions with our powerful yet friendly experiences.
We’re looking for smart, highly motivated, and innovative senior software engineers and technical leaders who are passionate about improving user experiences in the above areas via building distributed systems to deploy and serve machine learning, classification and language translation based end to end solutions. You will work with a team of applied scientists and developers who are responsible for all stages of the research & development cycle including early ideation, design, implementation and scaling it internationally.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ship large-scale backend services that host complex models and algorithms to process critical user data
• Develop offline pipelines to monitor, extract, index and build ML & NLP models
• Collaborate with other engineers to build demos and apps to showcase these services
• Gather feedback from real users and iterate
• Take on extremely high impact work and leverage to quickly deliver on areas that are most critical to the team.
Ideal candidates for this position would have strong programming and algorithm design skills, and a demonstrated ability to deliver high quality features in a highly collaborative team environment. Preferred candidates will have distributed systems, machine learning, or classification technology background.
• Bachelor degree in CS, EE or equivalent
• 5+ years designing, developing and shipping software
• Outstanding coding abilities in C#, C++ or Java
• Strong algorithms background, exceptional problem solving, and passion for data driven decision making
• Experience in natural language processing, machine leaning, deep learning or data mining area a big bonus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
• Enjoy learning and ramping up on new technologies quickly.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.