Are you ready to make an impact on the SharePoint Online service? Join the fast-paced service engineering team within the SharePoint Service Engineering organization (a multi-disciplined org including SE, SWE, PM, Data Scientist, etc.), responsible for designing, deploying and running all of SharePoint Online as part of Office 365 product family. This is an exciting and fast-growing business as we are rapidly on-boarding new customers. This team also works closely with the other Office 365 services to launch the next wave of Microsoft Online services.
The SharePoint Service Engineering team, which is chartered with developing, building, and running a highly available, secure and scalable Online environment, as well as technologies to effectively scale our footprint, has an exciting opportunity for a strong Software Engineer.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated, self-starting Software Engineer who has the desire to shape business strategy from planning to execution, focusing on designing and delivering end-to-end scenarios and services. We are looking for people with a proven track record in managing scalable platforms and have demonstrable experience in engineering automation using industry standard tools and languages. You will be part of the team delivering continuous innovations to our customers at a rapid pace. You will be able to succeed in this role if you have a broader understanding of large scale distributed system architecture, automation and integrations, and can take those concepts to develop highly reliable and scalable solutions.
- Designing, coding, releasing, and driving feature enhancements while continuing to envision the future for SharePoint Online upgrades.
- Development on Azure Cloud Service, websites, Service Fabric, Storage, APIs, and other PaaS solutions.
- Driving daily and weekly upgrade cadence in SharePoint Online.
- Participate in 24x7 on call engineering rotation for your team.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience designing and building highly scalable online services with a proven ability to create componentized, well-architected software at a feature level.
- Experience managing cloud services - deployments, configurations, upgrades, capacity management, or similar experience.
- Experience dealing with large scale data architecture, operational architecture, and ability to solve complex problems.
- Drive for results, self-motivation, and a passion for learning new things and taking on new challenges.
- Strong communication and cross-team collaboration skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, agile development environment, and multi-tasks fluidly.
- BS/MS in Computer Science.
- 5+ years active development experience, including shipping multiple commercial products.
- Technical background and strong coding skills to design features for servers or for large scale online services.
- Expert knowledge of PowerShell, C#, Azure Services, and agile development
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Criminal Justice Information Services: This position may require passing a background check conducted through the CJIS criminal justice information system by authorized local, state, and/or federal agencies.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Public Trust Position: This position may require passing a United States Public Trust Position (PTP) background investigation to meet federal, state and/or local government requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.