Do you dream of working on a project that will bring millions of new customers to Microsoft services? Do you love technical problems that make you think creatively? Do you want to learn and apply new technologies that would help you grow in your career? Come to the Office 365 Groups team where communication & collaboration are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to re-imagine collaboration within Outlook Clients (PC, Mac, Web, Mobile) http://groups.outlook.com/ and take it across the entire Office Suite.
As an engineer on this team, you will own and work on the full stack by building features on outlook endpoints (primarily in Mobile and Web) backed by office 365 web services that work reliably and efficiently at scale. The work you do will have a big impact on driving productivity for users by delivering creative solutions that change how the world’s businesses collaborate with people both internal and external to their organizations. Our team is a diverse group of software engineers that value opinions of each other and work together to achieve bold goals. Our team works on a wide variety of technologies (iOS, Web React, Azure, .NET, Big data etc.) and employs agile development processes to continuously deploy and improve our features.
Your responsibilities are:
• To design and implement new features as well as to provide input to improve existing features and designs.
• To review functional design and test specs and to ensure high-quality features are delivered that satisfy our customer’s needs.
• To integrate optics for reliability, performance and usage patterns with our existing telemetry systems.
• To support and evaluate reliability and performance of critical scenarios and features in live services.
• BS in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent experience is desirable.
• 1+ years of professional software development experience in C#, Java or equivalent.
• Great customer focus.
• Good communication and cross-team collaboration skills.
• Experience with unit-testing and test-driven development.
**Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.