What if your job description were simply “Make tomorrow better?” That’s the essence of roles within our Bing Team. Every day, we bring an insatiable curiosity to the table, challenging ourselves to reimagine what is and what can be. We build on what’s come before to create what’s next. We drive machine intelligence. We help shape the future. We empower billions of people around the globe.
We're looking for talented software engineers to join the Bing engineering team and build data and services infrastructure that enable search and analytics across social networks, cloud drives, and mobile apps.
As part of the team, you'll be responsible for large scale, real-time systems that receive, enrich, analyze, index, and serve thousands of events per second and billions of documents every day. We manage massive data sets spanning Twitter, Facebook, and OneDrive as well as the services that power product experiences in Bing, Office, Windows, Dynamics, and more.
Ideal candidates we’re looking for have one or more of the following attributes:
• Adaptable in rapidly evolving projects. You are curious about how things work and quickly learn new languages and technologies.
• Solid experience with service architectures. You know how to build scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems.
• Excellent programmer. You use good design patterns, know how to write good tests, and your code is understandable and maintainable.
• Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, information retrieval.
• Strong communication skills. You lead and guide others on the team and you explain complex technical concepts with ease.
• Passion. You feel ownership for everything you deliver, and you strive for technical excellence in development, testing, and operations.
• BS degree in CS or related engineering field.
• 2+ years of experience in mobile app development on Android or iOS.
• 2+ years using modern full stack development technologies including C#, Java, Swift, Objective C, web services, etc.
Great to have:
• Academic background in computer science
• Expertise with Azure
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.