Software Engineer 2
Office Experimentation is a team of expert software engineers and data scientists that work together to improve how Office makes decisions for its multi-billion dollar product. We build the tools that Office engineers and business leaders use daily to make critical engineering and product decisions, and we are looking to hire you! In Office we believe that data helps us make better product decisions. As a member of the Office experimentation team, you will collaborate closely with the core Office app teams and data scientists to build and measure new features as they are developed and rolled out to our customers. You should love the idea of building the best of breed analytic tools and systems that make engineer’s lives better and work easier. The work you do will have a direct impact in Office and its current and future line of products and services.
What you will do?
• Design/build/enhance new and existing SDKs for Windows, Android, and iOS
• Build and maintain new services to streamline the data-driven decision process
• Collaborate closely with data scientists and engineers
• Determine priorities by estimating the potential impact of projects
• Produce high quality code
• Improve those around you
• B.A. or B.S. degree in computer science or related technical degree
• At least 2 years of professional software development experience
• Experience with building mobile applications on Android, iOS
• Data systems experience with SQL, no-SQL, and Big-Data systems
• Experience with a OO programming language such as C++, Java, C#, Typescript
• Strong coding skills
• Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and software engineering concepts
• A strong sense of curiosity and a willingness to learn, share and improve
• PhD or Master’s degree in computer science or related
• Familiarity and/or contributions to open source software stack
• Experience with End-to-End system design (frontend to backend or vice versa)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.