Software Engineer 2
Are you someone with a passion for data, analytics, insights and technology? Do you want to be part of a team lighting up actionable insights to help the organization make business decisions? If you excel in blending quantitative analysis with strategy development and want to influence the future of Core Services at Microsoft, then this position is for you.
The Data team in Shared Services (part of Core Services Engineering) is looking for a passionate, creative, and experienced data engineer/developer. If you are passionate about big data, data science and telemetry driven insights then this is the role for you.
As an experienced data engineer, you will be part of our high performing data engineering team, which is responsible for designing, developing and supporting complex data platform to enable enterprise level BI & data analytical solutions for CSEO organization. You must be a data expert with solid understanding of data ingestion, data processing, BI reporting & big data ecosystems. You should be comfortable owning a feature implementation and making design decisions independently.
You are driven, self-directed, entrepreneurial and focused on delivering the right results. To be successful in this role, you must have strong skills in written and oral communications, a can-do attitude and the willingness to tackle hard problems in innovative ways.
• Analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of ETL and data analysis techniques.
• Design and develop highly-scalable and reliable end-to-end data enterprise platform and BI reporting solutions.
• Drive efficiency, quality and compliance into the engineering processes in partnership with the engineering manager.
• Build/design dashboards to enable ongoing monitoring of business health
Knowledge, experience and skills:
• Solid programming skills in C# & .Net.
• Solid Experience in data modeling, SQL programming and Power BI reporting.
• Familiar with Microsoft Azure data storage, ingestion, computation services & APIs.
• Previous experience with large scale data ingestion, analytics using big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HDInsight & Cosmos is a big plus.
• Strong problem solving skills, good communication skills are must to have.
• Have strong motivation to take independent responsibility as well as ability to contribute and be a productive team member.
• 3 years of hands-on experience in object oriented and/or SQL programming
• 1 years of experience in data mining or large data manipulation
Preferred, not required:
• 1-3 years of hands on experience with key Microsoft Azure data ingestion tool such as Azure Event Hub, Azure Data factory and Azure stream analytic services.
• Bachelor in Statistics/Math/Computer Science/Economics/Business or Engineering
•One year of hands-on development experience in Microsoft Azure and big data ecosystem such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HDInsight and Cosmos.
• Advanced BI dashboard design & development.
• Experience in enterprise data warehouse system design & implementation.
• Familiar with Machine Learning and AI technologies/tools is a big plus.
• Business domain expertise in areas of sales, marketing, supply chain, finance and/or HR
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org