Software Engineer 2
Do you love the engineering challenges of designing and delivering cutting-edge cloud-scale distributed systems technologies? Do you want to enable massive scale, stateful cloud applications that are self-managing and can be operated with ease in public or private datacenters around the world? Do you want to contribute to the critical solutions for Azure on which both cloud and enterprise computing depends? Do you want to be part of a fast paced and energetic team?
The Azure Hyper-Scale team is looking for highly motivated and talented engineers to design and deliver the next generation platform for Platform-as-a-Service and Messaging.
Come join us! You can work on solving some of the most complex and challenging problems in distributed systems, for example:
• Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) - a highly decentralized autonomous platform that cleanly abstracts and effectively solves hard distributed systems problems like failure detection, leader election, replicated state machines, etc. and makes it easy to develop and manage stateless and stateful reliable micro-services running at high-density on shared pool of machines. This platform powers many critical 1st and 3rd party internet scale services and runs symmetrically in cloud and on premises.
• Systems that scale and perform in almost all dimensions, millions of transactions per second with multiple GB/s ingress and egress with sub-second end-to-end latency, systems that run across tens or hundreds of thousands of machines, and handle petabytes of data, etc.
• Integration ecosystem - support clients running on various hardware form factors and integrate with different backend systems like Hadoop, Storm, Azure Stream Analytics, Cosmos, etc.
Successful engineers in our team will have strong problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills, drive for execution and results, while delivering quality software for large scale projects. We value passion, creativity, agility, accountability and desire to learn new complex technical areas. You will be an important part of a team of highly motivated and talented individuals. This is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career and influence the next generation of distributed systems platform for Microsoft.
• Coding skills in C/C++ or C#/Java
• Solid CS fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded and asynchronous programming, strong inclination for architecting at scale
• Excellent technical design, problem solving, debugging and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services is a plus
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.