Be part of a global elite team of software engineers, using cutting edge tech to build scalable, resilient and efficient software solutions together with Microsoft’s most strategic partners.
The Commercial Software Engineering team work hand in hand with our highest profile partner organizations to solve innovative problem spaces with novel technology and software engineering.
We won’t settle for the ordinary – rather we are called upon to be the trusted technical advisor, architect and engineering crew for problem spaces ranging from building a resilient data and analytics pipeline for a multi-million vehicle fleet, each producing multiple gigabytes of telemetry per second or equipping world leading humanitarian organizations with a data source agnostic platform to predict and inform where to invest humanitarian aid efforts in crisis areas.
Being a trusted advisor means that we retain a pragmatic and technology agnostic approach to solving problems and bringing value to our partners. Depending on the scenario and dependencies, we are very much at ease working with Azure PaaS products like Azure IoT Hub, Azure Container Service or Azure Machine Learning Studio or for example opt for an open source stack using products such as Kafka, Storm, Spark and more.
We take pride in sharing our learnings from SW engineering work with top partners. In addition to generalizing and sharing our work through code stories and open source contributions to the public, our engineers build strong relationships with Microsoft product teams, delivering quality feedback from our partners to influence product roadmaps.
This candidate will be responsible for:
• Hands on software architecture design, development and delivery of innovative and demanding projects with high profile partner companies – we thrive in fast paced, iterative, co-innovation projects together with engineers from our partner companies
• Tech / project leadership of an autonomous delivery team of software engineers
• Interfacing with Microsoft and partner stakeholders to during various phases of delivery projects
• Driving high level of impact on Microsoft teams to influence the future product roadmap
• Generalizing and sharing learnings and reusable code assets as write-ups and open source contributions
• 3+ years of professional software development experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated deep, broad and practical software engineering expertise with solid engineering fundamentals
• 3+ years of professional software development / hands-on consultancy experience
• Deep and practical understanding as well as significant and fresh hands-on development experience in various key cloud and data engineering technologies and emerging trends. For example: containers and orchestration, high scale data pipelines, distributed systems (for example Blockchain), microservices, hybrid / multi-cloud systems, DevOps, machine learning, computer vision or IoT
• Proven record of leading delivery of complex software projects
• Excellent skills for mentoring and coaching other software engineers
• Willingness to work in a global organization and ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with high impact results
• Great communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional decision making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.