Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The PayPal Credit team is looking for a self-motivated Java engineer with a 3+ years experience in the industry to join the team and help build low-latency, high-throughput RESTful web services to help continue us to grow the PayPal Credit portfolio. The team is responsible for the applications and web services that provide PayPal Credit to our US and International customers. PayPal Credit is a large part of the PayPal future direction as PayPal. As a Software Engineer 2 you will assist us in building components that will power the next generation of PayPal Credit products. Primary Job Responsibilities
- Participate in design, development, and implementation of technical Credit systems.
- Implement shared components and frameworks using Java in a Linux based environment.
- Work in an agile environment with Business Owners, Product Management, End to End, and Operations teammates to ensure we develop the correct products.
- Play an active role in providing feedback across the team through code reviews.
- Driven by intellectual curiosity to understand both the why and the how of software you work on.
- Strong Java skills.
- Java 8 skills
- RESTful API design skills
- Understand the concepts around concurrency and transactions.
- Knowledge of dependency injection frameworks (Spring, CDI, etc).
- Experience with object-relational mapping technologies (Hibernate, JPA etc)
- Experience with the maven build tool.
- Experience with Jenkins build tools
- Experience with JUnit and TestNG testing platforms.
- Knowledge of distributed systems software design and understanding of TCP fundamentals, computer architecture, storage and IO subsystems.
- SQL experience (preferably Oracle).
- Cloud development
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture
- HTML/Java Script experience
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.