The PayPal Credit team is looking for a self-motivated Java engineer with a 3+ years experience in the industry to join the team and help build low-latency, high-throughput RESTful web services to help continue us to grow the PayPal Credit portfolio. The team is responsible for the applications and web services that provide PayPal Credit to our US and International customers. PayPal Credit is a large part of the PayPal future direction as PayPal. As a Software Engineer 2 you will assist us in building components that will power the next generation of PayPal Credit products. Primary Job Responsibilities
- Participate in design, development, and implementation of technical Credit systems.
- Implement shared components and frameworks using Java in a Linux based environment.
- Work in an agile environment with Business Owners, Product Management, End to End, and Operations teammates to ensure we develop the correct products.
- Play an active role in providing feedback across the team through code reviews.
- Driven by intellectual curiosity to understand both the why and the how of software you work on.
- Strong Java skills.
- Java 8 skills
- RESTful API design skills
- Understand the concepts around concurrency and transactions.
- Knowledge of dependency injection frameworks (Spring, CDI, etc).
- Experience with object-relational mapping technologies (Hibernate, JPA etc)
- Experience with the maven build tool.
- Experience with Jenkins build tools
- Experience with JUnit and TestNG testing platforms.
- Knowledge of distributed systems software design and understanding of TCP fundamentals, computer architecture, storage and IO subsystems.
- SQL experience (preferably Oracle).
- Cloud development
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture
- HTML/Java Script experience
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.