Digital Predix Products & Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
You will a key member on an Agile Scrum team responsible for developing Brilliant Manufacturing applications on the Predix Cloud Platform. You will be responsible for design, implementation, and testing of components and features for web based applications. You will report to the Senior Technology Manager in charge of Brilliant Manufacturing initiatives.
In this role, you will:
* Be responsible for developing software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
* Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
* Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
* Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
* Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
* Communicate effectively both within immediate team and with peers and support functions
* Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
* Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
* Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
* Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
* Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
* Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 2 years of professional experience working with HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, Angular JS, Polymer, CSS.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with web and cloud based development
* Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL etc.
* Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data), Spring Boot. Experience in Spring Cloud is a plus.
* Highly initiative in working through difficult problems and overcoming obstacles
* Skilled in breaking down problems and estimating effort
* Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
* Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
* Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
* Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
* Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
* Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
* Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
* Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
* Demonstrate the ability to help team members
* Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions.
* Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
* Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas.
* Takes the initiative to experiment with new
* Adapts to new environments and changing requirements.
* Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.