GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Fort Worth, Erie
The Software Engineer will join the team owning the embedded software of the control system for North American freight locomotives. The control system has a QNX operating system, is distributed across several nodes, and is written in C++. The software team works closely with internal customers, external customers, and engineers from multiple disciplines.
The Software Engineer will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals In addition, you will:
* Develop and maintain software components, systems and their networks
* Work with senior engineers to meet milestones and deliverables
* Analyze user needs to design and code
* Program (in C++) all applications, components and interfaces
* Work closely with the business unit to ensure application development meets product specification requirements
* Work closely with other engineering teams and internal customers to ensure inter-operability and reuse
* Design, implement and test software, ensuring quality specifications are met
* Participate actively in design and code reviews
* Drive performance and reliability enhancements
* Close interaction with internal customers to drive requirements and customer satisfaction
* Develop documentation including SW design, SW requirements, and SW architectures
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Self-starter, team player, multi-tasking with good time management skills
* Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.