GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In this role you will be accountable for successful delivery of one or more assigned modules, components or features in MRI scanner software. You will also have the opportunity to help lay the foundation for engineering automation infrastructure components. You will own the full lifecycle of the deliverables including analysis, design, development, release and maintenance.
• Work closely with software architects & technical leads to translate user needs to software requirements.
• Design, develop, test, refactor and continuously improve software functionalities.
• Continuously expand technical knowledge, keep abreast of emerging software technologies and apply them to software automation.
• Deliver to expected timelines and quality standards.
• Participate & drive in non-program, engineering improvements to enhance the efficiency and productivity of the software team.
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Collaborate with lead and senior engineers to design solutions and drive those decisions into the design of automation solutions.
Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice.
• Work across the entire software development lifecycle including high-level and detailed design, software implementation, verification, and maintenance activities.
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Software Engineering, or a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math).
• A minimum of 2 years of professional software development experience or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related computer field.
• Working knowledge in configuration management tool such as Clearcase/Perforce
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field.
• Experience in software development on Linux platform.
• Exposure to these technologies:
a. Experience in working with web frameworks such as Django, AngularJS
c.Databases technologies (JDBC, ODBC, SQL/No-SQL, PostgreSQL)
• Experience with quality tools for test automation tools, and static and dynamic analysis.
• Experience with agile principles and methodologies.
• Familiar with Linux containers.
• Familiar with software build and continuous deployment systems and tools such as Electric Commander, Jenkins/Hudson, Chef, Puppet, Nexus Repository, Artifactory or equivalent.
• Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in-house developed toolsets, package management tools such as RPM.
• Self-starter who is motivated to learn and is at ease working as part of a team of highly talented professionals.
• An appetite for taking intelligent risks and willingness to experiment new technologies & methodologies.
• The ability to take an idea and run with it, while also being a great team player
• Dependable, hands-on problem solver obsessed with automating processes with excellent organizational and analytical skills; detail-oriented but moves fast
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Knowledge of Software development cycle and product delivery as applicable to the medical device industry
• Attention to detail and ability work independently towards timely completion of a variety of assignments
Locations: United States ; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.