Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
GE Software is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on GE's business. The software engineer will help revolutionize the interfacing that Industrial based users leverage tool sets within the program. Driving automation will be key leveraging best practices and trends to implement.
In this role you will:
* Act as a member of the
Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and
* Develop high
performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications
* Collaborate with
system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement
solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
* Apply principles of
SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security,
Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
* Writes codes that
meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected
for the project
* Build features such as
web services and Queries on existing tables
* Understand performance
parameters and assess application performance
* Work on core data
structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
* Deploy latest trending off high quality design and development practices
* Develop and implement Ground Breaking UI enhancements for the critical tool sets within the program
* Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development life-cycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
* Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
* Work with the Product Manager and architects to understand the requirements and work on potential designs/solutions.
* Work with the team to come up with build & deployment pipeline for the services that operations will be tasked
* Work with training & support team to build knowledge base.
* Maintain IIS instances for operations, analytics, and knowledge portals.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in software development OR Master's degree with 1 year of professional experience.
* Legal authorization to work
in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment
visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Cincinnati, OH
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* 3-5 years developing C# MVC web applications
* 1-3 years managing/configuring IIS7
* 1-3 years managing/configuring SQL server 2012
* Have a solid
understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large
distributed web application
* Has the ability to
break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
* Demonstrates awareness
about competitors and industry
* Takes ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their
discretion to seek help when necessary
* Voices opinions and
presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
* Learns organization
vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and
personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
* Demonstrate the
ability to help team members
* Seeks to understand
problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify
requirements when ambiguities are present
opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to
experiment with new software frameworks
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.