Otis Elevator Company is a company within UTC Building & Industrial Systems, the world's largest provider of building technologies. Its elevator, escalator, fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable. UTC Building & Industrial Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
This position will provide support to current product line and contribute to new product development . Responsibilities:
- Development on current software portfolio
- Develop and maintain a solid working knowledge of the product line
- Maintain Software and Test Environments
- Configure and validate software components
- Release applications following Otis Software Process
- Product Support
- Address questions related to product lines
- Troubleshoot issues
- Design new products
- Understand, define and document requirements
- Implement and verify requirements
- Change manage software through life cycle
- Product Support
- Support product at initial installations.
- Support customer requests for additional functions
- Address customer feedback regarding usability
- Factory Interface
- Once software is released, work with teams to move the applications to the Factory
- Knowledge of Windows, Java and web interface technology and compatibility.
- Knowledge of the software development cycle from writing requirements to final validation and product release and support.
- Familiarity with commercial operating systems is a distinct advantage.
- Familiar with programming languages which support development of GUIs.
- The candidate should have software debugging and testing experience including the use of advanced hardware devices which connect to JTAG or BDM ports of the hardware and be able to collect, interpret and evaluate CAN and serial communications data.
- The candidate must have strong analytical and debugging skills.
- The candidate should understand and have been exposed to preemptive operating systems and compiler designs with the capability to apply the knowledge to their assigned software development activities.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a fast- paced changing environment and be able to learn and work with multiple elevator system components in parallel.
- Ability to lead large projects involving software development and changes.
- Ability to meet project timelines on varying deliverables.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering.
Additional education, preferably degree completion in Electrical Engineering, strongly preferred.
BA/BS degree w/4-7+ years experience
MA/MS degree w/2-5+ years experience
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.