Symantec protects the Cloud Generation through our Integrated Cyber Defense Platform, the industry's most complete portfolio for securing cloud and on-premises environments. We support 15,000 enterprises in taking full advantage of cloud computing without compromising the security of the people, data, applications, and infrastructure that drive their business. Our advanced technology portfolio is powered by the world's largest civilian threat intelligence network, enabling us to see and protect against the most advanced threats.Job Overview
Symantec is recruiting talented engineers for our rapidly growing Cloud security business . Our Cloud-delivered Web Security Service (WSS) is continuously rolling out features & enhancements to improve the security of our Customers . We are seeking a talented software engineer for our R&D team, based in our Mountain View headquarters.
- Work with Product Management to analyze Customer requirements.
- Design and develop new features and enhancements.
- Investigate bugs reported by Customers and fix code defects.
- Other duties as required.
- 5+ years of experience in C/C++ systems programming and/or network socket programming.
- Strong knowledge of L2-L7 networking stack and L4-L7 protocols.
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience working with Product Management, QA, Technical Publications, Customer Support.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to debug issues and determine root cause. Hands-on experience troubleshooting live networking issues.
- Analytical ability to grasp key points from complicated requirements and business processes.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and manage multiple assigned tasks.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing with Open Source IPSec stacks (e.g. StrongSWAN, LibreSWAN) and/or experience developing with OpenVPN.
- Strong knowledge of Linux networking stack, netfilter framework and iptables.
- Experience writing Linux kernel modules.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX kernel debugging.
- Hands on experience configuring IP network switches, routers or firewalls.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.