Title: Software Developer/System Engineer
Location: King of Prussia, PA or Remote U.S.
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Health Solutions delivers industry-leading clinical evidence and expert technology to help payers and providers collaborate for better healthcare outcomes at lower costs. Our solutions reduce unnecessary healthcare utilization while improving outcomes; operationalize complex volume- and value-based payment models; and optimize billing communication between providers, patients and payers. Our solutions are in more than four out of five payers in the country; more than 3,900 hospitals and facilities use our InterQual® evidence-based decision support criteria; and our RelayHealth® financial solutions are used to automate 1.9 billion financial transactions each year.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Current NeedPosition Description
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of both internal and external business problems to be solved with automated systems. Works with users and Technical Manager to evaluate and develop systems and procedures which meet user and business requirements and designs and develops the automated systems for both internal and external user applications to meet these needs. Designs the technical aspects of the application working with a business constituent, writes code, completes programming and performs unit testing and debugging of applications using programming languages such as SQL, PL/SQL, VB, VBA, .NET, JAVA, C# and Tcl/Tk. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and usage.
Works independently with internal and external clients on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions. May work with software architect or manager in conjunction with business alliance, sales, services, and solution design staff in order to analyze client or prospect’s claim editing issues, problems, or potential opportunities and assists team in executing optimal solution design. Helps with the analytical approaches, potential solutions, and the operational constraints of the client, and can aid in the implementation of solutions to achieve maximum value from the McKesson suite of products and services.
Responsible for designing and developing workflow management applications, interim document templates and Excel applications using third party vendor applications – both web-based as well as Microsoft application based. These applications are solutions to complex business problems and expedite processes within the group to enable cost efficiencies.
Has the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to rapidly changing schedules, priorities and workflows. Has excellent group facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
Develops applications and new tools for Analytics Services to utilize such as GUI Applications and ad-hoc query applications.
Designs, and develops turnkey technical solutions for Analytics Services, both internal and external using SQL, .NET, C#, JAVA, Tcl/Tk, and other coding languages available for internal constituents as well as external clients and prospects.
Works with manager to facilitate technical pieces of external and internal analytic engagements, such as data mapping, code analysis using proprietary programming tools, Excel, SQL and PL/SQL.
Designs and develops turnkey technical solutions for Clinical Intelligence analytical services, both internal and external, using vendor tools which are available for internal constituents as well as external clients and prospects.
Writes usage documentation, presentations and tutorials for all applications created.
- 6+ years in software engineering.
- 6+ years in designing and developing business solutions.
- In-depth knowledge in business analysis, requirements definition and translation.
- Significant knowledge of GUI coding languages such as VB, .NET, JAVA, C#.
- n-depth knowledge and previous hands-on experience with relational databases such as Oracle as well as SQL language.
- Experience in healthcare claims operations, focus on claims adjudication process improvement, claims auditing and claims auto-adjudication enhancement.–
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of the full cycle of software development methodology.
- In-depth knowledge of building systems solutions.
- Significant knowledge of data manipulation languages (e.g. awk, sed), SQL, PL/SQL and Tcl/Tk.
- Expert presentation skills; comfortable with working with senior management level personnel both inside and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of healthcare claims processing, managed care operations, and healthcare data attributes.
- Knowledge of claims coding techniques, including CPT and ICD9 coding.
- Understanding of object-oriented and component based software design.
- Significant experience in business analysis, requirements definition and deployment of business requirements to information systems.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to think and react quick, efficient and adequate according to business requirements and various constraints.
- Expert skills with MS Office applications - Word, Excel, Visio
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.