Job Description: Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
Candidates will be working on performance simulation, system modeling and development, workload characterization, and in-depth micro architectural studies for any upcoming IA features.
Candidates will need to use innovative techniques and investigations to enhance performance and verification analysis.
The ability to develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgment and formal performance analysis process is a must.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/ classes/ research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- MS or BS in Computer Science or Engineering and related fields.
- Fluency in computer architecture, performance modeling, software engineering
- In depth knowledge in programming (C, C , C#)
- Excellent knowledge of x86 instruction set architecture
- Understanding of data science, statistics and data mining.
- Must have at least one scripting language experience (Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Background experience in HPC, deep learning, machine learning and artificial intelligence would be a plus.
- Ability to program in data science languages (R, Python, Shiny) would be a big plus.
- Experience in system level simulation and analysis (bandwidth, compute, throughput) would be a big plus.
- Experience in writing technical documents.
- Cross-site development and collaboration skills.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.