We at the Microsoft Teams team believe that the modern workspace is underserved by the existing software solutions and we are building a new, truly modern collaboration and productivity hub for the workspace. We also believe that making data-driven decisions using client and server telemetry provides a huge leap forward in understanding customer's experience, identifying product gaps and live site issues.
In order to enable data-driven decisions, the telemetry team is looking for a passionate and motivated engineer to help design and implement performant and reliable instrumentation for telemetry and analytics across different platforms and devices, as well as build data pipelines and reporting services enabling others to look for product insights in the ocean of data that we are collecting.
If you have a history of designing, owning and shipping software, as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills, then we want to talk to you. You should have a solid understanding of the software development cycle and have a passion for secure, reliable, scalable and maintainable code.
- 3+ years of experience building and delivering high performance and scalable software
- Programming skills in C# or equivalent object-oriented language
- Strong understanding of the following concepts: Data Warehousing, Analytics and Big Data
- Passionate in following technologies: SQL, SSAS, MDX/DAX
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with building telemetry instrumentation in Aria and Cosmos tool set
- Previous experience in designing and developing applications on at least one mobile platform (Android, iOS, Windows Phone)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.