The SESIT Discovery and Collaboration (DisCo) team is looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about helping modernize the tools and experience used by Microsoft employees, their partners, and our customers. The primary focus of this role is to help enable the MSIT and our SharePoint Collaboration team SharePoint applications leveraging features of SharePoint V.Next.
They will work with the DisCo program teams, other MSIT BPUs, the First and Best team, product groups, and ISRM to drive a strategy, POR, and discrete deliverables that help teams accelerate the delivery of world class modern experiences.
This role reports to the Principal SWE Lead of the DisCo team. He/she may be expected to engage directly with senior management and leadership roles in other internal groups across Microsoft to drive alignment, accountability, deliverables and results.
Experience & Skills needed include:
• Solid hands on coding skills in C#, .Net.
• UI: Experience in common UI patterns [MVC, MVVM], Responsive, HTML5 and UX design.
• Experience in developing, deploying and maintaining SharePoint applications On-Prem & SPO is required.
• Security: Integrating Federated Identity ADFS, AAD, oAuth (Facebook, LiveID, etc.) into the above apps.
• Experience building Software/Services [WCF, REST and SOAP] for Enterprise-Scale.
• Data: Experience with SQL, Big-Data [Hadoop], Cosmos, BI/Analytics [Power-BI] is preferred.
• Instrumentation: Work experience with Web-Trends, App-Insights is preferred.
• Cloud: Experience working with Azure WebRole, Azure VM and Azure Service Bus is a plus.
• Exposure to competitive technologies like AngularJS, Cordova, ReactJS and UWP is a plus.
• Experience Building/Publishing Mobile-Applications [Windows/Android/iOS] is a plus.
• 8+ years of professional software development experience.
Other desired attributes and competencies include:
• BS degree in computer science or related field Strong debugging, analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with enterprise software development and adherence to delivering high quality code
• Proven track record of shipping major projects aligning with Engineering-Lifecycle standards
• Ability to work in cross functional teams, strong interpersonal skills and Independent leadership skills
• Prior experience with Azure and service oriented architecture is desirable
• Experience driving projects using Agile/SCRUM methodologies Familiarity/Exposure to VSTF and related tools/processes [VSO preferred]
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.