The Advanced Services Delivery team is seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Development Engineer (SDE) to be part of our digital transformation.
The core business objectives of the ASD organization are:
1) to improve IT health outcomes for our largest business and enterprise customers, and
2) to enable profitability of the Microsoft Services business via packaged, highly-scalable digital delivery assets, impacting $300M annually.
We do this through two primary deliverables:
1) a platform for performing customer health assessments,
2) a catalog of IP that includes digital learning assets and workshops that help educate customers on how to successfully operate their IT environments.
We have over 20,000 active customers, creating massive amounts of data and working to unlock insights that will improve our platform and the services we deliver on top of it.
What kind of team is ASD? People use descriptions like: hard core Agile approach, key source of innovation for the MS Services business, autonomous enough to be self-directed, big enough to drive impact with a global team, small enough to feel like family where we don't forget to have fun and care for each other along the way.
In addition to the technical expertise, we expect someone who will be obsessed about working closely with customers to build solutions that delight them and make them more efficient. We are committed to helping the IT Professional get better value out of their Microsoft investment. This person should also be willing to ask challenging questions about what actually needs to be done and push for simple features that can prove the true value.
Our team moves frequently between layers of the system, enabling people to deepen their experience in many areas. While everyone has an area of focus, we all chip in, and help out, in various areas as needed. This is a great group that works to drive hard toward outcomes for the business while having a lot of fun and growing as a team.
Working from home part-time or another flexible work arrangement is a possibility for the right candidate.
• 2+ years of experience with the .NET framework (C#, ASP.NET, LINQ)
• 1+ years of experience with UI technologies (WPF, Win8 Apps, etc.)
• 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure and SQL Azure
• Creative and self-motivated developer with excellent coding, design and communication skills
• A BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is preferred
As an SDE, your duties will include:
Design and development of features for the platform;
Work with other developers to help deliver current releases and sustained engineering builds to ensure requirements for design, performance, user scenarios are met along with quality code, adherence to coding standards and project metrics and making sure these are delivered on time under tight schedules;
Attending daily sprint meetings; Work closely with PM and other upstream source system teams to address production issues.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.