It has never been a more exciting time at the Artificial Intelligence and Research Division (AI+R)! We continue to advance the state of the art in the areas we choose to study. We impact Microsoft by transferring many great research results to products. The AI+R organization is tasked to improve our odds of betting on the “next big thing” to help ensure the future of Microsoft. We are Computational Photography team within AI+R. Our mission is to bring state of art computer vision and AI into consumer photography products to help users to take great pictures to enjoy and share their great moments.
Recently, we shipped Microsoft Pix (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/microsoftpix ), an AI-based iOS camera app with positive press reviews and user’s reception. And we are doubling down on the investment of Microsoft Pix.
We are looking for a highly-motivated engineer to help expand Microsoft Pix to the next level. If you are passionate about delivering products that excite millions of customers while enjoying working with a team of world-class product managers, engineers and researchers on some of the most interesting challenges in photography and AI spaces, then this is the perfect position for you! As Software Engineering 2 for Microsoft’s AI efforts, you will be part of a small but agile team responsible for introducing innovative intelligence services and/or applications to consumers worldwide. You will help drive and define Microsoft’s advancement in intelligence services as part of this fun and fast-moving team committed to deliver innovative experiences that customers love & use.
General Responsibilities include:
• Deliver performant code across mobile platforms to provide high quality application on time and in high quality.
• Collaborate with product management, designers and world-class researchers to work on cutting-edge algorithms to create innovative applications and solutions with Machine Learning technologies.
• Provide strong technical expertise in turning ideas into high-quality software and service, from architecture, design, implementation, quality and telemetry.
• Collaborate with groups across Microsoft as well as with external partners.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Science or related field
• up to 2+ years of software development or cloud service development experience.
• Application design and coding skills
• Proficient in C#, C++, or equivalent languages.
• UX development, mobile applications, machine learning, Azure, digital video/audio/photo, GPU optimization, or computer vision
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.