Monsanto is passionate about using science and technology to improve agriculture. Monsanto scientists are conducting the research and development (R&D) to revolutionize plant breeding and biotechnology. The accepted candidate will join the emerging field of IT systems informatics leveraging their technical background to play a key role in defining and delivering breakthrough science in high throughput R&D systems for Monsanto.
This position's primary role is developing mobile applications specifically targeting the Android platform. Serve as a core member of the Breeding IT team that designs and develops software applications, so we're looking for bright, motivated engineers to help us develop the Android app to meet this challenge and to put technology to use in exciting new ways.
We believe that software craftsmanship practices, including test-driven development and agile programming, improve the quality of our code and encourage a sustainable pace of development.
We believe in people. We think we make better decisions as a team, so we support each other, share ideas, collaborate and work as a team to get the most out of our teammates. Required Skills:
- BS, MS or equivalent experience in a technical field.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar position with extensive mobile development responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of JAVA, Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Strong understanding of development using Android studio
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services, Retrofit, Robospice, Gson
- Familiarity with push notifications and analytics.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning, profiling, testing, Expresso.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of bug tracking tools, such as Target Process
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Works well in a team, goal oriented.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Very strong problem-solving skills are required for this position.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.