Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Software Engineer, Application Services Digital & Analytics to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible teams building web and mobile software for our Commercial and R&D lines of business that is enabling the future of healthcare in the Digital World. The position is a leadership role responsible for software engineering, software development, and guiding/mentoring teams creating software and healthcare technology solutions for J&J’s healthcare product lines and therapeutic areas. The position will be located in Raritan, New Jersey.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life of patients and their loved ones.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Application Services Digital and Analytics organization is focused on technical solutions delivery, consulting, and software engineering of digital marketing solutions, analytics, business intelligence solutions, and digital health solutions for Johnson & Johnson Operating Companies. This individual will act as a Software Engineer, partnering with a scrum master, to lead a group of software developers building solutions. Hands-on development of solutions for patients, professionals, and healthcare providers is a key aspect of this role. In addition, this individual will be responsible for technical design, strategy, and innovation within technical/service domains.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- A leadership role in mentoring and guiding agile scrum software development teams.
- Resource planning, management, and reporting on team performance against goals and metrics.
- Technical architecture, code/architecture reviews, and delivery of constructive mentoring to junior staff.
- Software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of new technologies, and software development.
- Collaborating with the core development team and the product owners to define and estimate business requirements and translate them into specific software tasks
- Collaborating internally with peers leading all aspects of our digital strategy (ex. eCommerce, digital marketing, sales force enablement, healthcare technology, and analytics/big data).
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of broad IT experience in web and internet technologies is required, preferably in a large global organization.
- Experience in development and commercial launch of consumer oriented software products with a healthcare focus is required.
- Experience leading Agile (Scrum, Kanban, or Lean) teams with a focus on software development is required.
- Hands on experience with technical oversight of development teams with a minimum of 8 members and 2 concurrent projects
- Experience with managing vendor and consulting partners
- Development and launch of commercial consumer products with a healthcare focus that includes both web and mobile (native mobile) software launches
- Experience with GXP software development and validation
- Experience architecting, developing, and launching n-tier applications that include web, mobile, and back-end connectivity in a healthcare setting
- Experience with the architecture and design of highly scalable, cloud-based, fault tolerant, and highly secure applications targeted at the healthcare space
- Experience with source code management using Git or distributed version control systems
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) services including build tools such as maven, gradle, and npm
- Strong ability to mentor, coach, review, and grow technical teams and talent
- Experience with Agile software development techniques (SCRUM) in a highly regulated setting.
- Experience with object-oriented design and implementation
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills; self-starter and solution-oriented individual that can act independently and run a team
- Excellent oral and verbal written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills to include leading large organizations through transformational change, attracting, mentoring and retaining top IT talent and creating an environment that fosters excellence, collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively
- Ability to define, shape, and help drive strategy to completion while effectively collaborating with others under minimal direction/supervision
- Strong relationship building skills, influencing internal and external stakeholders with shared and divergent interests, function or matrix environment and globally is required
- Strong math, analytical, statistical modeling and problem-solving skills
Ability to function as part of a broader organizational team is also required. Big picture orientation with strong attention to detail is required. Collaboration skills and the ability to build strong win/win relationships with partners are required. A results and performance driven attitude with strong sense of accountability and drive to get results is required.
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Experience with algorithm and analytics development
- Experience with latest generation development frameworks: Angular2, React, Ruby on Rails, Swift, Express+Node.js, Apigee, Python, and Scala
- Experience with lean product design principles
- Experience with Medical Device Software Development and 510k or PMA FDA submissions.
- Experience with virtualization and configuration tools such as Docker, Puppet, and Chef
- Experience with intellectual property assessments (freedom to operate analysis)
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Info TechnologyRequisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.