Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are looking for a software engineer to work in Trust product development team that builds applications for eBay marketplace’s After Sales areas – Cancel, Return, eBay Money Back guarantee, Feedback, M2M (Member to member communication) and Seller Standards. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will work with extremely talented peers in a fun environment building world class products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
· Build solutions using your strong background in distributed systems, and large scale database systems.
· Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
· Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings.
· Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to development principles and product goals.
· Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
· 3+ years experience in software design and development, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
· Excellent knowledge in practicing OOAD, architectural and design patterns, open source platforms, frameworks, technologies and software engineering methodologies.
· Hands-on experience in Java/J2EE, XML, Web technologies, Web Services, Design Patterns, and OOA/D.
· Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS. NoSQL experience is a plus.
· Experience in using source control systems such as Git or Clearcase, issue tracking systems like JIRA.
· Strong expertise in agile development.
· Demonstrated ability to understand the business and ability to contribute to technology direction that contributes to measurable business improvements.
· Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure.
· Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration, skills.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: