Software Engineer Bitstream Tools Job Description
The primary job function of the role will be to develop configuration software tools to support the development of FPGAs.Responsibilities
- Design, develop, debug, test and document complex software used to control and/or configure FPGAs
- Work with hardware and product engineers to validate configuration of the FPGA design prior to manufacturing through simulation and emulation
- Verify configuration feature functionality on silicon when boards become available
- Work with planning and marketing teams to develop new configuration features to meet market requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computational Science, or related field
- 4 years of professional development experience in object-oriented programming with C
- Hands-on experience with dealing with embedded hardware tools, boards, devices; writing firmware code, debugging the code, etc.
Inside this Business Group
- 6 years of professional development experience with object-oriented design principles
- Experience using scripting languages such as Perl or Python
- Experience developing software tools that communicate and interact with hardware
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.