1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Software Engineer, Cloud
Do you want to change the way the world banks? Do you have the desire to work and learn alongside some of the best people in the industry? Are you a person that gets excited at leading through change? Do you have a desire to further your knowledge of lean principles and platform management in the Cloud? If so, this opportunity is for you.
Capital One is in the midst of a massive transformation migrating away from internal data centers to the Public Cloud. We are actively hiring individuals to support the Cloud Business Office. The Business office manages complex, highly-critical application and data migration initiatives from data centers to the Public Cloud with a focus on risk, cost and resiliency. You will liaise between application teams, horizontal services and the Cloud Business Office to quickly drive decisions. You'll bring experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few
- Plan, define, track implementation and sustain migration of applications from Data Centers to Public Cloud
- Track risks, issues and impediments and ensure timely resolution
- Define and maintain systems/applications configurations
- Perform data analytics to support job functions
- Review, analyze and modify application systems
- Develop metrics for status tracking and dashboards. Supports development of consolidated view of dependencies, progress and impediments across all lines of business
- Provide overall budget management of migration investment
- Provide continuous process improvements and enablement for automation & self-service
- Manage and tracks asset disposition, reclamation, reallocation and decommissioning activities
- Track status/progress of planned application retirement
- Change Control, Infrastructure implementation, Service Desk specifically within Cloud environment
- Developing Project Plans; using industry tools
- Managing deployments in Public Cloud environments
- Providing solutions involving Cloud service offerings
- Collaborative team environments
- Windows servers, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, Excel data manipulation / analysis
- Infrastructure and Network components, data models, configuration management and Service manager tools.
- Providing consultative customer interaction and guidance
- Initiate and lead business correspondence via oral or written communication, also including formal business presentation
- Will have the latitude to interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines, including the business units
- 3 years of business analysis, platform engineering, OR scrum management experience
- Master’s degree
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional
- PMP, Lean or Six sigma certification
- SQL development and queries
- AWS certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.